Teachers of science subjects have until the 17th of September to request funding from the Comenius National Agency of their country. You can follow these steps :
– look at the course page and register
– let us know about your registration by email
– contact your National Agency and obtain the funding request form
– fill in registration form with some attention to what it asks from you, attach our letter of acceptance to show you are accepted on the course
– send the application form fully filled in to your National Agency by the 17th of September.
One week course for teachers of science organised by the Science Network.
Teachers can ask for EU funding from their Comenius National Agency to join the course. Funding would cover travel, accommodation and participation in the course.
April 2014 : The SEEP network is organising a short course in Malta.
Science Education : cooperative learning, cross curricular activities, research, project work and social awareness through video production in the science classroom.
Teachers of science subjects can request EU funding to cover travel, accommodation and participation costs. Deadline to request funding from National Agency : 17/09/2013
VisMedNet is presently working on concepts that are closely linked to demographic changes in society as well as the social trends that are changing the texture of our milieu. Concepts are linked to new challenges that changes are bringing about. We are working on ideas that would help policy makers, operators and service providers in tourism to take stock of these challenges and work together to turn them into opporutnities.
We are following three strands of discussions with organisations or bodies with which we share common ground and interest in the following areas :
– new professions and services that stakeholders in education, operators and policy makers in tourism could work on in order that tourism services and structures may take into stock the rise in the average age of the traveller due to an aging population. This area of work involves the promotion of travel and mobility to individuals who, due to aging and due to ailments and restrictions aging can possibly bring along with it, need special reassurance and support to travel and enjoy their holidays.
– further training of specialised services in the catering industry through development of structures, curriculae, training opportunities and international cooperation between training organisations. We are working on further employability and better jobs for service providers in the catering industry especially chefs and patissieres who can obtain international training, gain exposure to international methods of working and acquire hands on knowledge about international cuisine.
– the creation of new structures and operations that can train and guide individuals with challenges including immigration, situations of domestic violence and long term unemployment into the catering and tourism sector through the setting up of ad hoc business structures intended to act as launching platforms for such individuals into new careers.
VisMedNet is in the process of establishing partnerships with organisations, public authorities and institutions in order that they may start joint initiatives in the areas of sustainability and innovation in tourism.
We see new opportunities for development in the creation of new tourism products and services that can :
– create new professions and services that improve and augment tourism therefore generating new employment opportunities,
– broaden the attraction of tourism and mobility to new sectors of society and to new territories that would gain from new influx of travellers on a social and economic level and
– instil more or new consciousness and awareness of the potential of resources of specific territories through more cooperation and concertation between providers and operators in tourism and ancillary services and policy makers.